Charlotte Women’s Program
A Mind/Body Approach to Infertility
This is a mind/body program for women struggling with infertility. I recognize that women undergoing fertility treatments often experience deep-rooted feelings of sadness and hopelessness. The program uses evidence-based techniques that have been shown to decrease depression, improve a woman’s quality of life, and, in some cases, increase rates of pregnancy. These include relaxation techniques, group therapy, and cognitive therapy.
The program is designed to support women throughout their fertility journey. The following topics will be covered:
- Overall well-being
- Relationship with spouse/partner
- Relationships with friends/family
- Yoga and mind/body benefits
- Self-esteem and self-identity
- Regaining control
- Infertility and the future
Participants have the opportunity to gain the following important skills:
- Mindfulness and relaxation techniques—including deep breathing, body scan, muscle relaxation, guided imagery, meditation, journaling, and yoga—to promote increased focus and reduced anxiety
- Advocating for yourself with your doctor and fertility team to achieve goals specific to your needs
- Communicating your needs effectively with your spouse/partner, family, and friends to more effectively gain the emotional support you need
- The program lasts eight weeks.
- Each group session is 90 minutes.
- You will be with the same women for the entire eight weeks.
- The total cost is $375 and due at the time of registration. (Please contact me if the fee policy is a concern. I will do my best to accommodate your needs.)
- I am working with a certified yoga instructor to provide one fertility-sensitive yoga class during each 8-week period.
- Group sessions are held at 341 N. Caswell Road in Charlotte. Free parking is available.
For additional questions or to register please contact Johanna.